Quick Answer: When Can We Withdraw NPS Money?

How much amount can be withdrawn from NPS?

Limit on Amount of withdrawal The maximum amount which is allowed to be withdraw is 25 % of the contribution made by the subscriber and not the total amount accumulated in the fund.

For instance, you have invested Rs 6 lakhs in the NPS so far.

This is your contribution towards the scheme..

Can NPS be withdrawn anytime?

Facility of phased Withdrawal is available for NPS Subscribers. Subscriber can opt for withdrawal of lump-sum amount in a phased manner (up to 10 instalments) over the period from 60 years (or any other retirement age as prescribed by the employer) to 70 years.

How can I withdraw money from my NPS account?

Withdrawal before maturity for NPS Tier 1 can only be made after completion of three years from the date of opening of the NPS account. This type of NPS withdrawal is termed as “premature exit”. You can only withdraw 20% of your corpus at the time of premature exist. The remaining 80% must be used to buy an annuity.

Can I withdraw NPS amount after resignation?

In case the total corpus in the account is less than or equal to Rs. 1 lakh as on the Date of Resignation, the Subscriber can avail the option of complete Withdrawal.

What will happen to NPS if I resign?

Old Exit and Withdrawal rules for NPS (Till early 2015) Remaining 60% can be withdrawn as lump sum. … The balance can be withdrawn as lump sum. Death of the subscriber: Entire accumulated wealth to be paid to the nominee/legal heir. No option for the purchase of an annuity plan.